TRIPAWDS: Home to 10553 Members and 1245 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

My Christmas in Pictures

December 28th, 2009

So I had a pretty good Christmas! Usually mommy leaves me for a week and I get to stay at a kennel or with my daddy in MI, but this was our first Christmas EVER that I got to stay with blonde one!!! Grammy got the Christmas toys out, so whenever anyone comes home, I greet them at the door with Santa in my mouth:
L1020013

On Christmas Eve, Grandma Pam gave all the humans matching pajamas.  Boy did they look silly!  It made me glad that I am a dog and did not have to partake in this display of Christmas cheer.  Here is mommy (center) along with Grandma Pam and Grandpa Jim in front of the tree that these crazy people dragged into the house and decorated with weird animals and snowmen and stuff.  You can also see my aunt Gracie trying to get into the shot.

L1020021

The next day, we all went out to this HUGE dog park where I was able to run around without my leash on.  There were tons and tons of other doggies there and I had an absolute blast just being a normal dog.  Grandma Pam made a rule that everyone had to wear their pajamas ALL DAY on Christmas, so of course this meant the dog park.  I can’t believe I went out into public with these people.  Jim got Pam a video camera for Christmas, so here he is trying to figure out how to use it.  Gracie and I were trying to help.

L1020032

There were tons of bushes for me to play in, and lots of areas to go down into the water.  I’m not to the point yet where I’ll jump in, but I sure enjoyed running along the shore!

L1020030

The park also had little bridges so we didn’t have to step in muddy or watery areas, and I thought that was pretty nice of them to add those.  We all stopped by this one so Pam could take a picture.  The name of the bridge is hard to read, but it was called “Dog Leg Bridge”.  Apparently this is funny or something.  Here I am with mommy:

L1020026

Gracie and I got marrow bones for Christmas and we both cleaned ours out completely!  It was my favorite Christmas I’ve ever had.  When Grandpa Jim figures out how to get video off the new camera, maybe I’ll get mom to post some shots of me playing.  Hope everyone had a great holiday!!!

11 Responses to “My Christmas in Pictures”

1. jakesmom on December 28, 2009 12:55 pm

So glad that you and Gracie had such a wonderful Christmas with your blondie mommy and grandma and grandpa!! Looks like you all had a good time… Loved the pyjamas!!!

Angel Jake’s Mom

2. Emilysmom on December 28, 2009 2:39 pm

You and Gracie are lucky they didn’t get pajamas for you to! It looks you had a great day.
    Debra & Angel Emily

3. Tazzie on December 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Dog Leg Bridge!

So THAT is where all our legs have gone. That question was keeping me up at night. Did you find them and will you get Santa to bring them back to all us tripawds? On second thought, who needs it!

You all wore the same PJ’s for an entire day, out in public. Your granny sounds just as funny as your mummy.

Merry Christmas Jack!

4. Nova on December 28, 2009 3:35 pm

Jack, I am so glad they did not make you wear those silly jammies. Humans can be so weird sometimes. It looks like you had a pawesome Christmas. No snow there, huh? We have LOTS of snow back here in Michigan!

Sloppy Great Dane kisses from Nova! (and mom Sue)

5. admin on December 28, 2009 5:19 pm

I’m surprised they didn’t dress you up in matching clothes to there Captain! You are one lucky dog.

6. jerry on December 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Oh you guys look adorable! I can’t think of anything more fun than spending a day like that. Merry Merry Christmas!

7. Opie on December 28, 2009 6:23 pm

Bwaaaahahahahah! People are crazy, huh? Your peeps sound like they are lots of fun.

8. GerrysFosterMom on December 28, 2009 8:34 pm

I greet people with toys too. They need to be reminded how pawesome it is to be home with us. They don’t have toys like my furry, squeaky bone at work, or like that Santa you got (… do they?). Likewise on walks, I pick up leaves to remind them of the beauty of nature (and how we should spend more time outside) – if I haven’t already brought a toy along for the walk. It’s like a flag for your human to focus on – “This way! Follow the stuffed bone!! Time to walk – hop to it!!!”

Glad you had a fun Christmas. You’re lucky you don’t have to live with the new video camera, if you ask me.

– Gerry

9. Peyton's Path on December 29, 2009 7:59 pm

Pawesome Christmas Jack! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Humans are crazy. Mom tried putting moose and deer antlers on Peyton and I and we just knocked them off. Glad you didn’t get matching pj’s too, although I think you would look good in polka dots!!!

Dillon (Peyton’s brother)

10. cairasue on December 30, 2009 11:48 pm

Did you see Caira Sue’s leg there? She doesn’t miss it, but every now and then Poppa teases her and says “*gasp* where’d your leg go?”
    I love the matching PJs. I think matching bandanas out of the red pj pants would be in order. Maybe next year!
    Great job meeting everyone at the door with Santa. It helps people keep track of what holiday it is!

11. Dash on January 2, 2010 11:46 am

Hi, Jack! Thanks for the compliment on my pictures. Yours are great, too! I see you are enjoying Marymoor Park. It’s great, isn’t it?! My brother and I go there frequently, maybe we’ll see you there sometime! My mom also went to vet tech school a couple years ago and she says to ask you if it’s PIMA? Dr. Mayer who is the director of the Seattle campus there also has a 3 legged dog named Jack! (Well, at least she did in 2008, but I haven’t seen him since then so I don’t know if she still has him.)Anyhow, it’s good to see that you’re enjoying it here in great NW. There’s so many great things about this place! And Happy New Year!
    Dash