TRIPAWDS: Home to 10553 Members and 1245 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

SEVEN MONTHS YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

January 3rd, 2010

I hear today is a pretty darn special day. Why? Because 7 months ago today, I was in surgery getting my bad leg taken away for good. I never did like that leg. But today is also EXTRA darn special, because exactly 1 year ago today, my mommy and daddy brought home my little brother, Stephen Colbert. I haven’t seen him in 3 months since Mommy and I trekked out to WA, but daddy sends us picture updates. Here is one we got last week-ish.  We are unsure why, but it seems that Colby felt the need to empty his entire toy box.  Maybe he likes options??

Colby Toys

This is pretty funny, because the very next day, mommy took this one of me…

Jack Toys

Is this a coincidence?  Telepathy?  We may never know…

Thanks for celebrating with me, and I wish you all the happiest of days!!!

14 Responses to “SEVEN MONTHS YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!”

1. Codie Rae on January 3, 2010 10:51 am

Yo! Cap’n Jack!!!!!

WOOOHOOO!!!!! You da man. You ROCK!! You are PAWESOME!!!! We looooove you!!!!!

Big love and kisses on your Happy Hippy HOPPY Ampuversary…..

Codie Rae (aka SB)and the Oaktown Pack

p.s. and Happy Homecoming Day to Stephen Colbert!

2. jakesmom on January 3, 2010 11:34 am

Happy 7 month ampuversary cutie-pie!!!

Funny, but my Wolfie always empties out his whole toy box every day too! Looks like we have a house full of kids… but no… just one dog, ha! ha! 🙂

Angel Jake’s Mom

3. cemil on January 3, 2010 12:34 pm

Capn Jack, you are one special guy! Hope you got some more toys for your ampuversary–it looks like you could use a few more!

Mary and Cemil

4. admin on January 3, 2010 12:38 pm

Congratulations Captain! YAYAYAYAYAY!!! Indeed… Jerry too would often empty his toy basket to get to something in the bottom he hadn’t chewed on in months.

5. Cherry on January 3, 2010 1:38 pm

Every day with our companions is a day to celebrate, but reaching such a great milestone as seven months is definately a reason to PARTY!! We will be toasting the Man on this very special day, making much noise (that is what you hear from east of that Oaktown Pack), and in general having a wonderful time to help the celebration. Hoping for many more such Ampuversaries!

6. pababyblue on January 3, 2010 2:36 pm

Congratulations Captain Jack on your 7 mos ampuversary. Every day is a blessing that you can beat this lousy cancer. You deserve to live a happy life every day, beautiful boy. I hope your mom spoils you every day, and you get to play with all of the toys that you can, in your basket. Enjoy everyday that comes your way. Lots of hugs and kisses are coming your way…..{{{{{Captain Jack}}}} ~¿* :*
    Mary and Guardian Angel Angus

7. Nova on January 3, 2010 3:40 pm

Whhhhooooooo Hooooooo! Congrats on the Ampuversary, Captain Jack. It is so awesome that you are at this milestone, and we wish you many, many more!

Nova likes to spread all her toys all over too. Since she can’t see, she has to find the right toy with her nose. I JUST cleaned the living room 15 minutes ago and the toys are all over already.

Sue and Nova

8. cairasue on January 3, 2010 4:09 pm

AWESOME day, Captain!
    You go and enjoy every single toy in that box!

9. Opie on January 3, 2010 4:15 pm

What good is a full toy box if ya can’t empty it right? I like my toys to be wild and free, but my mom is always putting them back in the box. People are crazy.

10. romeo2 on January 3, 2010 5:57 pm

WhooHooo! Happy Ampuversary Cap’n Jack!
    You are an inspiration to all of us! So much fun and so many adventures and so cute. We have a different toy
    problem at our house. Sometimes I like to focus and nibble on one toy at a time, but my human sister has a “more the better” approach to life—-and she piles about twenty stuffed animals around me breaking my concentration! Of course “more the better” works great for treats! Congrats to you and your super mom!
    Romeo (and Eve)

11. krun15 on January 3, 2010 6:25 pm

If you don’t take all of the toys out of the box how do you know which one you really want to play with???

Congrats on 7 months- that is HUGE!!!

Karen and the pug girls

12. GerrysFosterMom on January 3, 2010 7:28 pm

Gerry says – Where’s MY toy box?

F.M. says – Yoda didn’t have a toy box either, but he did have an opinion on where his toys should and shouldn’t be. His toys should not be on his bed, but rather on the rug where he had left them, especially if I was preparing to vacuum. He also didn’t think they should be on the coffee table. Neither should one toy be inside of or tangled up with another. It was fun figuring out what would bug him and watch him fix my faux paws.

F.M., Gerry, and Spirit Yoda are all very happy for you that you’ve been WITH your little brother so long and withOUT your bad leg for so long!

13. Dash on January 5, 2010 10:26 pm

Congrats on the 7 month mark! I agree that a play date at Marymoor would be a blast! Dash is a little shy with other dogs at first, but I swear he recognizes other tripawds. Maybe I’m just imagining it, but I used to work at a doggie daycare where he met a three legged pooch named Betty and instantly wanted to be her best friend. 🙂

14. Peyton's Path on January 7, 2010 5:23 pm

Congratulations on 7 months! Maybe Colby and you were celebrating your upcoming ampuversary! Keep them coming!!!

Dillon