TRIPAWDS: Home to 10553 Members and 1245 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

I’ve Been a Tripawd for ONE YEAR!!!

June 17th, 2010

So, blondie has been too busy lately to supervise my computer time, so this post is coming a couple weeks late (thanks a lot, mom). On June 3, 2010, I celebrated my ONE YEAR AMPUVERSARY!!!!! It was so much fun. I forgot that I got a leg removed, so all the extra treats I got that day were just bonus. Mommy came home that day from school carrying two weird boxes with yellow “m” shaped things on top. She was saying something about them being called “happy meals” and I totally get why they are called that now!! Gracie and I got to split a meal (i got more, HA!) but we each got to eat out of our own box.

Mommy tried to get pictures of my enjoying my first burger, but this is all she could get out of me:

The best part?! My lunch came with its own toy! Seriously, when you finish your food, a toy magically appears! The one I got made noises when you pushed it. I sniffed it because I thought maybe it was a weird looking french fry, but then I got bored with it so my mom got rid of it:

After lunch the three of us went to the park. The grass is getting really tall, and I was having sooo much fun eating it (my mom gets really annoyed with me when I do that, but its totally worth it!). Blonde One was trying to get me to post for a picture, but I was like, whatever mom, and kept hopping through the grass. Do you think I could pass for a deer in this picture? I was pretending to be one:

I kind of got a little muddy at the park (ok, a LOT muddy), so even though I hate hate HATE baths, I got one…on my ampuversary. That girl has no heart. She even made me stay in the tub while she snapped my photo. I know I’m cute, but please…just get me out of here:

She totally made it up to me though, because after dinner, I got an entire carton of ice cream. Like, literally the whole thing. Wait…you mean ice cream comes in bigger containers than this?!?!? I WAS TOTALLY TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!!!

I know, I know, not a lot of pictures of me posing, but it was just such an exciting day that I couldn’t sit still!!! Can you blame me?!?!? And really…you only get to celebrate your one year ampuversary once 😉

10 Responses to “I’ve Been a Tripawd for ONE YEAR!!!”

1. anyemery on June 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Happy Ampuversary, Jack! We are so excited for you! Holly and Zuzu will definitely get some treats to help you celebrate this big milestone. And you definitely look like a deer in that picture!
    Hugs,
    Holly, Zuzu and Susan

Pssst – Holly here. A BATH on your ampuversary? Really? We hope that ice cream tasted really, really good cuz that just seems plain mean!

2. Carmen (Catie's Mom) on June 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Wow. A year! Happy Ampuversary! Here’s to many more!

Sounds like you had a GRAND day – despite the bath. 🙂

3. Darlinda Alexander on June 17, 2010 8:00 pm

Congratulations on your one-year ampuversary! It sounds like you had a day fit for a king, but then, you probably are the king of the house, right? 🙂

4. cometdog on June 17, 2010 8:32 pm

That’s fantastic Jack!
    I groove on baths so that would have been a heavenly day for me! Aw, the good life you have!
    Comet

5. etgayle on June 18, 2010 5:01 am

wow, what a day, what adventures!!! i never knew meals came in a ‘happy’ variety either… sorry to hear about the bath, but the rest sounds like a primo day, for a primo guy. you make me tired with all your excitement, i’m gonna take a nap!!

6. krun15 on June 18, 2010 7:37 am

Awesome Jack!
    One year is such an accomplishment- but really, the bath could have waited one day…

Karen and the pug girls

7. admin on June 18, 2010 8:50 am

My how time flies when you’re lovin’ life on three legs! Three cheers for the Captain… WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!

8. Kami (Mackenzie's Mom) on June 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Happy 1 Year Ampuversary Jack!! That is so pawesome! It sounds like you know how to celebrate a 1 year ampuversary pretty well (except for the b-a-t-h part.) BTW – I could swear that’s a kangaroo in the picture (are you holding out on us – you really been to the down under or something?)

Well, Capt Jack – here’s to many, many more ampuversaries, celebrations and baths! Whoo hoo!

9. jerry on June 21, 2010 8:28 am

Jack, I just got a chance to see this post, oh wow, what a GREAT DAY! Except for the bath of course. That was mean!

The pic of you eating up the Hoppy Meal is funny….you’re a Jack-in-the-Box there! Hahahaha! Get it?????

Three paws up for a pawesome year ahead, we are thrilled that you’ve reached this big milestone!

10. Horacia on June 23, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi Captain!
    You sure look cute in the shower!! Our many congrats on your ampuversary!
    All this pampering seems to be working perfectly… Hori used to looooooove EggMuffins, so I guess I can understand how you looked gulping down your menu… did you get some coke?
    lots of hugs